Bee Dew Laboratories
Bee Dew Laboratories was owned by Vivian Nash and was located on E. Forest on the corner of Hastings Street. Nash was originally from the south and attended Spelman College and graduated from Grady Hospital (Atlanta, Georgia) in nursing. She came to Detroit looking for work as a nurse but could not find work. This led her to instead manufacture cosmetics. She started out with one clerk and later would have hundreds of employees manufacturing her line of cosmetics. In 1933, she opened her first beauty school, Luxuro Beauty School at Forest and St. Antoine. In 1936, she moved it to Forest and Hastings and renamed it the Bew Dew Beauty School.